Friday, October 30, 2009

Light My Fire

When our builder presented us with the original bid, there were only a handful of items that we needed changed right off the bat. One of those items was the fireplace. He had included a flip the switch/remote gas fireplace. I got a smidge passionate about the fact that we only wanted a wood-burning fireplace - and a big one at that. Poor Scott, I think I scared him a bit that evening. He definitely came through though, I got my big old wood burning gas fireplace - one photo below tells the story best.

Otherwise, progress was extremely slow this week...too much rain! Forecast is very clear and sunny for next week, so we are looking forward to some really tangible progress with the siding.

Standard shot
The fireplace!
Closer view
Really close view
Electrical installation continues
We officially have stairs to the second story! Of course, the treads are made of 2x4...
Side view of the stair stringers
I told you it was big!
View from the top of the landing

No comments:

Post a Comment